Wednesday, March 9, 2011

LENT



Lent is a time when many Christians prepare for Easter by observing a period of Fasting,Repentance, Moderation and Spiritual Discipline. The purpose is to set aside time for reflection on Jesus Christ - his suffering and his sacrifice, his life, death, burial and resurrection.

For me..it's like, it HAS to BE...Radical Self-Denial!!!

What do I give up? It really seems mundane and stupid to say "I'm giving up Chocolate!"(said in a prissy little voice)

There was BLOOD SHED people!!! Severe suffering!! Death... So I could LIVE!! Not just live but, Live a WHOLE Life. Salvation, Free of Sin, Inheritance, Grace, Mercy, The Holy Spirit, Blessings and Promises from our Heavenly Father...the list goes on and on.
I just finished reading John 17. Jesus' prayer to His followers. I feel very prompted to DO something with the Jesus who is IN me...I can't honestly say I'm going to be traditionally following lent by giving up something. I feel my calling for Lent this year is DOING something!
Amen.

No comments: